- When dressing for the shoot, try to coordinate your outfits.
- Unless you’re a child, it is best to avoid strong patterns and prints because it takes away from the face.
- Don’t be afraid to go with vibrant colors.
- Also think about the season and what is in style at the time.
- I try to avoid the white shirt and jeans because then most of the colors are in the background and the attention is not on you!
- Think accessories! They can really draw attention to your face and features.
- For girls, get your hair and makeup done just how you like it before the shoot.
- Bring a touchup kit and brush in case there are any stray winds.
- If a baby is present, make sure they are comfortable in a stroller or cart so when they are not in the shot they don’t get cranky.
- Have snacks/bottle available, for the whole family even!
- Men, try to shower at least a day in advance. Just a joke there.
- Dress comfortably but also make sure your outfit is not too baggy. I will choose flattering angles and poses, but I can’t do much about flapping shirts and pants in the breeze!